In the world of public entities, it’s good to have a friend.
The pressures on public entities are huge—and growing. At Poms, our primary job is to relieve those pressures in every way we can. And we’ve been doing it successfully for years.
Since 1991, Poms & Associates continues to respond to a growing need within the public sector for problem solvers willing and able to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Whether we’re evaluating existing insurance programs or recommending a new focus for cost containment efforts, our unmatched experience, proprietary tools, and innovative risk management solutions enable our clients to stay ahead of the fast-evolving risk curve.
The best broker is also an educator.
The world of risk management is more turbulent than ever. For managers faced with a myriad of difficult decisions, options can be overwhelming.
Poms & Associates believes that by empowering our clients to better assess these options, we build lasting relationships that benefit all. That’s why we’re more than insurance brokers. We’re educators.
We know that risk management begins not with underwriting, but with understanding. We base our services on a complete comprehension of your needs as a public entity while providing equal insight into our own practices. We are an independent broker with no allegiances to specific programs—only to the best interests of our clients.
Our services can be as basic as comparing costs for existing coverage, or as involved as evaluating risk control and financing for every exposure your organization faces. Whether we’re your sole resource or a complement of existing capabilities, our goal is the same. Through seminars, training sessions and other educational efforts, Poms & Associates wants to make you independent by giving you the most powerful tool any administrator can have… Knowledge.
When you work with Poms, there are never any hidden fees or costs.
At Poms, all of our dealings are completely transparent… we disclose everything. We take our commitment to our clients seriously. We will meet your expectations for compensation whether it’s fee, commission, or a combination of both. There’s no possibility of overrides or conflicting bonus structures ever coming into play. Our compensation is always fully disclosed.
We’ve built our business on building trust. We will never do anything to violate that.
For years, Poms has proven to countless public entities that we understand their world and its very special difficulties. More importantly, we’ve proven to them that we know how to help.
Let us prove it to you.
Unique Services for Unique Entities
Poms offers a range of services designed to streamline and simplify your work to make it more efficient and effective. Here’s a sample:
Risk Management Technology
Poms is changing the way organizations approach risk management with data at your fingertips.
Poms Risk Organizer
- Compile risk exposures in an intuitive online format
- Analyze and manage surveys and safety inspections
- Rank Items by level of urgency and assign abatement to individuals or departments
Risk Management Information System
- Claims, exposure and policy data easily accessible in a single database
- Improve efficiency with the ease of collecting data
- Analyze data to determine trends and prevent future losses
- Calculate Total Cost of Risk and allocate across organizations
Poms Connects is our proprietary web-based learning and information resource—placing valuable information at your fingertips. Our innovative system provides members with access to educational opportunities, technical assistance and information resources including:
- Webinars and e-learning on demand
- A library of management references and materials
- Public entity-specific email updates and bulletins
- Video content—exclusive tips on current and important topics in HR, safety and more
Property & Casualty
- Devoted to the public sector, Poms understand the underlying risks that drive the need for insurance and self-insurance:
- Property, General Liability, Workers’ Compensation & Auto Insurance
- Educators Legal, Law Enforcement & Public Officials’ Liability
- Cyber Liability & Crime Coverage
- Construction, OCIP, Builders Risk, Course of Construction
- Alternative Risk Financing, Loss Funds, & Corridor Deductibles
- Creating Pools, Captives, Self-Insured Programs or Joint Powers
- Third Party Administration (TPA) Review and Selection
- Evaluation of Ancillary Service Providers
- Assistance with Actuarial Studies and Property Appraisals
Employee Benefits & HR Solutions
Poms’ Employee Benefits Risk Management team brings a fresh perspective and creates the most effective path to solve any challenge.
- Fully insured and self-funded employee benefits plans
- Program design and cost analysis (including viability of Trust and JPA offerings) to reduce costs and improve employee health and morale
- Navigation through the maze of health care reform changes and requirements
- Dedicated service team to support and educate human resources and risk management departments
- Employee communications specially designed for employees’ needs
- Legislative updates, compliance and trainings
Risk Control Services
Insuring against loss is smart. Preventing losses from ever happening is unquestionably smarter.
- Risk management evaluations
- Safety committee development and participation
- Regulatory safety compliance training
- Loss control & safety inspections
- Charter school risk management evaluations
- Certified playground safety inspections
- Emergency preparedness and crisis management evaluations
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Safety Program Development
- Unique Hazard Assessments
- Financial & loss analyses
- Claims advocacy and oversight
- Risk management information system
“Working with Poms has been an awesome experience. They have saved me and my employer time and money with their prompt response, strategic marketing of our needs to plan providers, ease of transition to new providers and excellent customer service.”
Human Resources Manager, Las Virgenes Municipal Water District, Calabasas, CA